Macronutrient Intake and Metabolic Syndrome Status towards Tour Guide

Wiardani, Ni Komang and Kusumajaya, A.A.N and Juni Arsana, I Wayan (2018) Macronutrient Intake and Metabolic Syndrome Status towards Tour Guide. [Dataset]

[img]
Preview
Text (SIMILARITY Macronutrient Intake and Metabolic Syndrome Status towards Tour Guide)
12_Wiardani_Kusumajaya_Juni.pdf

Download (280kB) | Preview

Abstract

Abstract Background: Bali, unlike a tourism area, was inseparable from the cultural influences of tourists who come to Bali. It was the influence of western food culture that was high in energy and fat and poor fiber. The change in dietary habit was to the western pattern because increasing disease in the community, especially for tour guides beginning with metabolic syndrome with characteristics of obesity, hypertension, dyslipidemia, and hyperglycemia. Objective: The study aims at determining the relationship of macronutrient intake and metabolic syndrome status towards tour guide. The study was conducted in Badung, Bali Province with the goal of the research was the work included travel guide and travel agency foreign tourists. The samples were carried out by multistage random sampling, with a sample size was 109 people. Data were collected from a sample identity, waist circumference, blood glucose and cholesterol levels, blood pressure. The food consumption includes the number, type, and frequency of consumption of foodstuffs with semi- quantitative method frequency food questionnaire (SQ-FFQ). Data were tabulated, processed, and analyzed in accordance with the type and purpose of with 73.4% male and 26.6% female. Data components of metabolic syndrome were higher than normal i.e. waist circumference 41(37.6%), blood glucose level 16.5%, total cholesterol 37.0% and blood pressure 21.1%. A total of 30 samples (27.5%) had metabolic syndrome. The food consumption patterns were seen on the amount that exceeds the adequacy that energy and fat 48.6%, protein 57.8%. The type of foods frequently consumed were rice, chicken, eggs, shrimp, and the squid was a food consumed regularly one to two times a week. The analysis showed a significant correlation between the macronutritens intake with metabolic syndrome status (p<0.05) and exceeds consumption adequacy, have a higher risk of the metabolic syndrome than enough intake (ratio of prevalence = 3-4; confident interval > 1). Keywords Cultural; Macronutrient Intake; Metabolic Syndrome; Tour Guide; Tourism

Item Type: Dataset
Additional Information: Metabolic Syndrome; Tour Guide; Tourism
Uncontrolled Keywords: Macronutrient Intake;
Subjects: R Medicine > R Medicine (General)
R Medicine > RA Public aspects of medicine
R Medicine > RA Public aspects of medicine > RA0421 Public health. Hygiene. Preventive Medicine
Divisions: Direktorat Poltekkes Denpasar
Depositing User: Abdur Rahman
Date Deposited: 28 Apr 2020 05:08
Last Modified: 28 Apr 2020 05:09
URI: http://repository.poltekkes-denpasar.ac.id/id/eprint/3730

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item